Become the change you want to see!
Are you looking for a career change and want to be part of improvements to the aged care sector?
Have you previously gained a Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support, or similar qualification?
Do you already work in aged care and now you’re ready to up-skill? Would you like to have your existing competency recognised?
Perhaps you’d like to learn something new, update your team-leading skills and contribute to improved accreditation outcomes in your workplace.
This course is suitable either for those who are looking for a career change, or looking to upgrade their aged care, health or community services background and experience.
- Theory, essential skills and knowledge are delivered via classroom workshops, zoom classes, blended online and lab skills days
- Practical skills are developed on the job with placement organised by us for you in an aged care facility, under supervision, over a specified period of time
- Alternatively, we recognise your active participation and/or current employment in the residential aged care industry.
This qualification is fast becoming a requirement for all PCAs as more employers call for Certificate IV trained workers to provide services to the elderly with complex needs.
The work may include:
- provision of basic nursing care and other activities of daily living to individuals with complex needs
- training and support of other workers and residents to promote independence and community participation
- delegation to and supervision of other workers (e.g., Certificate III workers)
- care planning and other documentation
About this course
With the Phillips Institute CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support, you can take control of your study and start anytime :
- Attend workshops two days per week for class-based training and enjoy learning with other aged care professionals
- Continue to work your usual hours while you complete the required training with our blended-online / distance activities and assessments
- Be guided by our highly experienced and qualified facilitators who will develop your individual learning plan, and provide guidance to you with workplace / placement visits
An individual learning plan will be developed for you, depending on your existing skills, knowledge and experience, including any potential credit transfers or recognition of prior learning.
You can also study modules at your own pace using distance or online learning and can join this course at any time if you are currently working, or at specified entry points if you are not currently working.
While the full duration of this program is approximately 9 months, some individuals may be able to complete in a shorter time frame where relevant prior skills, knowledge and experience are demonstrated.
Fees and Funding
Victorian residents may be eligible for generous Commonwealth and Victorian Government Funding – see our Fees and Funding page for more information. Note: if you already hold any units suitable for credit transfer, your fees may be further reduced.
You may also be interested in: CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health, CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support, CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability, CHC53415 Diploma of Leisure and Health