Formalise your instructional design skills
VET Trainers who hold TAE40110 can update with this funded course, which includes TAEASS502 and can include TAELLN411 as elective.
Skip the Cert IV “upgrade”! Upskill and PD in one!
Please note: This course is now Tuition Fee Free since 1st September 2018.
Avoid the rush in 2019 and Apply Now!
If you are an experienced education and training practitioner wanting to update and learn more about designing training, or want to become a training designer, educational developer, or e-learning resource developer, then this Phillips Institute course is for you.
The Phillips Institute TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development will develop and enhance your existing education and/or training design skills and knowledge while introducing you to best practice design methodologies. The focus of this course is on designing and developing learning products and resources, addressing and supporting core skills development of learners through best-practice learning materials and methods.
This Diploma of Training Design and Development course will provide the skills and knowledge necessary to:
- apply structured design approaches, with exposure to contemporary instructional design practices and universal design principles
- research teaching methodologies and relevant theoretical knowledge to build design capabilities
- understand the learning process to facilitate change and action in learners
- address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, support development of learners’ core skills and embed problem solving into learning materials
- match appropriate delivery methods to learning styles and required learning outcomes
“This qualification reflects the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements, and evaluating the
This course is offered as a blended program with flexibility for busy vocational training professionals. Face-to-face workshops, held once monthly on Saturdays over 6 to 8 months are supplemented by distance or online.
Extensive resources are provided online so that you can access what you need when you need it. The flexible model allows you to enrol at any time and get your study underway – no need to wait for the next intake.
Attendance at workshops is not compulsory, with blended online/work-based available. For more information please call and speak to one of our training consultants about the course and to reserve your place.
This course is composed of five core units, plus five elective units. (Applicants may wish to substitute two other elective units subject to qualification packaging rules. For example – you may wish to substitute the unit TAELLN411 if you do not already hold it).
|Unit of Competency||Core/
|TAEASS502||Design and develop assessment tools||C|
|TAEDES501||Design and develop learning strategies||C|
|TAEDES502||Design and develop learning resources||C|
|TAEDES505||Evaluate a training program||C|
|TAETAS501||Undertake organisational training needs analysis||C|
|TAEPDD501||Maintain and enhance professional practice||E|
|TAELLN501||Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills||E|
|TAEDES503||Design and develop e-learning resources||E|
|TAESUS501||Analyse and apply sustainability skills to learning programs||E|
While the duration for this course is 12 months, some individuals may be able to complete course requirements in a shorter timeframe with demonstration of relevant skills, knowledge and experience. An extension of a further three months is possible on request where students require more time to complete assessment requirements.
Our program is delivered via a combination of workplace projects, online learning and face-to-face workshops over 6 to 8 months. A fully online and/or distance learning option is also available for working professionals.
Corporate programs: We will deliver at your location for seven or more participants – enrol your training and assessment staff for upskilling – call and speak to the program manager for more information.
Fees & Funding
Funding and Payment Plans are available. Individual fees are reduced with eligible credit transfers or recognition of prior learning.
- Skills First Funded: This program is delivered with funding from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments to eligible individuals. Get started with an initial payment of $275 followed by five monthly payments of $200 with our easy direct debit payment plan (Total Funded $1,275).
- Fee for Service: If you’re not eligible for funding, you can get started now with an initial payment of $475, followed by five monthly payments of $600/month with our easy direct debit payment plan (Total FFS $3,475). Speak to us or refer to our Fees and Funding page for further information.
While it is highly desirable that entrants hold the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (either TAE40110 or TAE40116 recommended) it is not an essential pre-requisite. They should, however, be able to demonstrate equivalent competence or be prepared to undertake further learning in order to meet course requirements.
It is strongly recommended, that applicants have current access to a training and assessment practice environment in the VET sector. It is also highly recommended that applicants have more than six months’ equivalent full time experience working in a VET, higher education, or corporate training sector role.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate high-level English language and literacy skills. Evidence of the successful completion of a Year 12 secondary school program, or higher qualification, conducted entirely in English language, is required. In addition, applicants must have sufficient ability to use appropriate computer software and reliable access to the Internet in order to complete the course requirements. At a minimum, moderate skills in use of MS Office programs and knowledge of Windows and/or Mac operating systems is recommended.
* Workshop dates and elective units listed may be subject to change; some candidates may be eligible for credit transfer, recognition of prior learning and/or recognition of current competencies – please consult our RPL Policy and request information regarding consideration prior to enrolment.
Ready to get started?
Don’t delay – get ready for your future training career! Call us now on 1300 558 837 or simply click here to enrol or enquire.