Latest Update from the Victorian Premier
Dear Students and Trainers
We hope you and your family are well. Yesterday, the Premier announced an update to the current COVID-19 restrictions which took effect on the 3rd February 11:59pm:
- Masks are mandatory in public indoor spaces. Masks must be worn in indoor public spaces apart from when eating or drinking. If you are planning to leave your home – take a mask.
What will this mean when you visit Phillips Institute?
- Masks must be worn when indoors at any of our training venues until further notice. Please see the listed exemptions below from DHHS:
There are a number of lawful reasons for not wearing a face mask in settings where a face mask is mandatory such as illness or disability.
Other reasons a person may choose not to wear a mask include where the person is:
- a trainer delivering accredited training – this is a special provision for vocational education and training (VET) trainers and teachers – see previous updates
- under 12 years of age
- a student at a primary school or outside school hours care
- in the process of being married
- a professional sportsperson when training or competing
- engaged in any strenuous physical exercise
- receiving a service where it is not reasonably practicable to receive that service wearing a face covering.
The current maximum capacity for each room and/or any guidelines that we have remains the same, however, please note any of our offsite training venues may have additional guidelines that must also be followed:
- At all locations, trainers must ensure that students participating in training sessions sanitise/wipe down their own tables and any other equipment and high touch points before finishing the session and before leaving.
- We suggest that all groups/attendees bring their own water bottle, drink or provisions for tea and coffee or snacks/meals as an added precaution.
We appreciate everyone for always doing their best in following the guidelines and restrictions and for keeping the community safe. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.