Monday 4th January 2021.
Happy New Year!
We are thrilled to announce the return of on-site classes for 2021 at Phillips Institute! We are looking forward to seeing our class-based students at our new Carnegie campus at Level 1, 1060 Dandenong Road, Carnegie, Victoria 3163, and at a limited number of other venues around Melbourne (Epping, Frankston, Melton, Clyde North, Werribee).
For all venues, we are following advice from the Department of Education and Training. For venues other than Carnegie, there may be further requirements specific to a venue, so your trainer will provide you with any further information. For placement requirements and considerations, we will provide you with further information at time of organising your placement as these will vary depending on your course and the placement organisation.
Guidance for onsite attendance
- As you may be aware, advice from the Victorian Government on 31/12/2020 is for masks to be worn when indoors, which may override some of the below advice, originally published at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/tafe-and-training-operations#guidance-for-onsite-attendance on 22/11/2020.
- Where training is being delivered face-to-face, staff and students should practice physical distancing by keeping at least 1.5 metres apart, where possible.
- This advice acknowledges that physical distancing is not always possible for hands-on, on-campus training. For example, situations where physical distancing might not be practical could be where two people are required to lift a mannequin to apply bandaging, or to complete a hands-on task or project.
- In cases where physical distancing is not practical or appropriate, other strategies recommended to reduce the risk of transmission are wearing a face mask, good hand hygiene, regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces, and ensuring staff and students stay home if they are unwell.
- To limit the number of people who may gather in a facility at the same time, businesses must only allow entry to one person for every four-square metres of available floor space in their venue. (This has since been updated to one person every two square metres of floor space).
- Teachers are not required to wear face masks while teaching but those who wish to do so, can. Teachers should wear face masks in other areas of the TAFE or training organisation when not teaching (for example, in the staffroom).
Please note this advice may be updated at any time; updates will be published on our website as soon as possible if we receive further advice.
This advice is current as at 04/01/2021.